Jim,

> I have this changer working with RedHat 7.2 using the 2.4.2p2 chg-zd-mtx
> script.  The trick to getting it working is getting the configuration file
> for chg-zd-mtx right.  Make sure all the variables mentioned in the script
> are defined.  In my case I have (in /etc/amanda/CONFIG/chg-zd-mtx.conf,
> replace CONFIG with your configuration name):

Are you using the Amanda RPMs supplied with Red Hat 7.2, or did you compile
2.4.2p2 from source?  Since I posted my previous message asking for help, I
have managed to get Amanda working well with the changer, by compiling from
source.  I would like to switch back to the RPM version if it will work,
though, since I find it's much easier to manage the system using RPM and
up2date than it is with source tarballs.

Thanks for your help,
Derrick Miller