On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 at 2:06pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

> I checked the sendsize.*.debug file. It looks like that amanda didn't
> translate the filesystem names to the right dirname.
>
> A working case will be like:
> calculating for amname '/dev/sda1' dirname '/boot'
>
> the failed case looks like
> calculating for amname '/dev/sda6' dirname '/dev/sda6'
>
> How could I get around with this?

You need to apply the advfs.patch available at
<http://www.amanda.org/patches.html> to the 2.4.2p2 source and
reinstall.

> Can I put "/" instead of "/dev/sda6" in my disklist file? I am
> hesitating to do this because I am not sure if I will include
> everything ( for example /home which is a separate partition) by
> using just /. What I intended to do is only backuping the root
> partition.

Yes, you can do this.  Amanda runs the backup program (either dump or tar)
in the appropriate way such that it stays within a filesystem.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering