--On Wednesday, April 10, 2002 13:56:02 -0500 "Marc W. Mengel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Juanjo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to run amanda "without-tapes" so it dumps only to holding
>> disk?
>> But what I mean is not to take off the tapes physically but disabling tape
>> writing. I want to accumulate incrementals worth a week and flush them on
>> friday to a tape...
>>
>> How can I do such a thing?
>
> Put /dev/null in for your tape device when running the amdumps, then
> set it to a real tape and do an amflush.

Wasn't there a comment on this list before about using something non-
existent (like /dev/nosuchdevice) instead of /dev/null because amanda
was somehow 'aware' of /dev/null and would perform backups differently?

You could just not have the correct tape in the drive and amanda will
keep accumulating the backups in the holding disk.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673