On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:59:12PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> What exactly controls the order of which file systems are dumped by
> Amanda? Based on my brief experience, it looks large filesystems tend to
> be taped after the smaller ones included in the run.

I've been wondering about how this is prioritized as well.  In my case,
I've got a flaky tape drive that could decide to reset the bus or just
stop working at any time[1], so it would be very useful if I could tell
it to write the latest backups of, say, the NFS server's /home and the
partition that holds the company's primary database first before it
starts doing the various / and /usr partitions that probably haven't
changed since the last set of security updates.

[1]  I have a replacement, but the backup server does other things,
too, so I haven't had an opportunity to take the box down and install
the new drive yet.