On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 09:25:02AM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Well, obviously, the simple answer is "run amflush", which is what I did
> the last time I got this. The problem with this was that the flush
> required a tape of its own, which was not what I wanted; what I really had
> in mind was to write the dumps along with next day's backups.

You can do this manually by not changing tapes (or leaving the tape
drive empty) tonight, which will cause all of tonight's dumps to stay
on the holding disk (provided it's big enough), then put the new tape
in and run amflush tomorrow morning to collect all of the untaped dumps.

(As I've mentioned before, I've got a flaky tape drive, so I have a
holding disk that's big enough for two full nights' dumps and frequently
find myself consolidating them in this manner.)

> Perhaps Amanda would have handled this automatically
> if I had left the holding disk alone?

Nope.  Last night's untaped dumps will sit on the holding disk forever
unless you either delete them or run amflush.