Hello,

Encryption is possible via gnupg and gzip.

Please read the info at the the following url:

http://security.uchicago.edu/tools/gpg-amanda/

I am in the process of writting a document to cover this.  It is about 90%
done and is not up to date with 2.4.3.  ( I dont know if there are any
differences with 2.4.3, I assume none)  If you would like I can forward
you what I have.  Its info is complete but it needs to be proof read
again, so understand its not perfect.

I am currently running this setup and love it.  It has not messed up on
me once.

Andrew