On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:49:44AM -0400, Axel Haenssen wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> can someone tell me what this (except from my daily report) means?
>
> NOTES:
>   planner: Full dump of node8:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node6:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node14:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node15:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node9:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node11:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node7:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node10:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node12:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node17:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node13:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   planner: Full dump of node5:/scratch promoted from 10 days ahead.
>   taper: tape DMP007 kb 144672 fm 16 [OK]

Amanda trys to balance the amount of data dumped nightly.  To do this
she sometimes will do some level 0 (Full) dumps earlier than absolutely
necessary.  It is normal.

I suspect you have a new amanda installation and did many first dumps
all on the same day.  Now amanda is in the process of moving them
around to balance the size of the dumps.  This will go on for several
dump cycles then be pretty consistant.  Besides, "extra" level 0's
don't hurt, do they?

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 JG Computing