--On Monday, April 29, 2002 00:36:24 -0500 Shonne Beavers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want to backup to the holding disk only and manually send to tape. Is
> that possible? I am new to Amanda, but I have heard how reliable it was
> and want to it.
> Thanx in advance.

If the holding disk is large enough and if the reserve option is set
to allow fulls to disk, if the correct tape is not in the drive all
the backups will go to disk, which you can amflush later to tape.
   You might want to search the list archives for holding disk, as
it does have some detractors on the list (due to things like a disk
failure on the holding disk wiping out your backups).  If you are
going to always amflush the next day, it is low risk, but if you
are thinking of leaving a week's worth of backups on disk before
you flush in order to fill up a tape, then the risk is much greater.

Just my opinion,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673