On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 03:05:12PM +0200, Jens Rohde wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm changing the dump-method on some of my filesystems from ufsdump to
> gtar (so I can restore these filesystems on non-Sun hardware/OS).
>
> I used to backup via the mount-point, and that worked ok, but will I get
> double amount of data now?
>
> Hmm... how the do I explain this... :)

amanda backups with tar does not branch to
other file systems through the mount points.

each fs must be backed up individually

with tar you can specify multiple starting points within a single file system.
this would be done with multiple disklist entries.  in this case, duplication
of data in the backup is possible as is omission of a complete fs backup.
depends on your choice of starting points

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 JG Computing