--On Wednesday, May 29, 2002 12:18:42 -0400 Brook Hurd
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been trying to do some research regarding the AMANDATES file, but I was
>unable to find any documentation on the purpose of this document.  I would appreciate
>peoples insights on this file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brook

Its used as the functional equivalent to dump's /etc/dumpdates so that Amanda
can keep track of what levels were done when on which filesystems.

The file contains lines like these:

/ 0 1022467489
/ 1 1022639983
/ 2 1018233593
/mnt/srv/backups 0 1022467139
/mnt/srv/backups 1 1022639924
/mnt/srv/home/app 0 1022381269
/mnt/srv/home/app 1 1022639885
/mnt/srv/home/app 2 1018233460

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673