On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:11:10PM -0500, Matthew Boeckman wrote:
> Is it possible to have tar called with -h (follow symlinks) from within
> amanda? I haven't found a blurb in amanda.conf like TAR_OPTIONS.

It will be fun if there happens to be a symlink loop.

Many amanda users, myself included, compile amanda with GNUTAR set to
a placeholder program.  I use .../libexec/amgnutar to keep it with
many other amanda programs.  Then amgnutar can be a copy of, a link
to, or a shell script calling the real gnutar.  If it is the latter,
it is called a "wrapper" and you can add any options you like.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 JG Computing