On Thursday 20 June 2002 09:45, Anthony Hinsinger wrote:
>Hello,
>
>i've just installed amanda on a debian woody.
>i'd like to test 9 tapes (my tapecycle) without waiting 2 week
> (the dumpcycle, ... runspercycle is set to 8)
>how does amanda will work if i launch 9 times amdump on a day for
> my test ?

Probably not too well.  Amanda dates the backups only by the date
and doesn't use an instant timestamp that I know of.  So basicly,
it would *probably* wind up overwriting the last pass with the
current pass's data each time you ran it.

There is an outside chance it might make a duplicated date backup
with a -1, -2 etc appended, but I've not seen any discussion about
that on this mailing list.  John R. Jackson would probably have the
definitive answer on that however, and will correct me (please do
John) if I'm wrong.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M