--On Tuesday, July 23, 2002 12:10:25 -0400 Dave Belfer-Shevett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [operator@tub]:~$ amcheck tub
> Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> -----------------------------
> Holding disk /dumps: 69886570 KB disk space available, that's plenty
> amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20020723 label qbn-backup01 (active tape)
> amcheck-server: slot 2: slot 2 is empty
> amcheck-server: slot 3: slot 3 is empty
> amcheck-server: slot 4: slot 4 is empty
> amcheck-server: slot 0: slot 0 is empty
> ERROR: new tape not found in rack
>        (expecting a new tape)
> NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
> NOTE: info dir /usr/adm/amanda/tub/curinfo/tub/_dev_dsk_c0t0d0s1: does not
> exist
> Server check took 81.639 seconds
>

> Second - the message is saying there's a labelled tape in the drive
> (qbn-backup01) which I created with 'amlabel'.  But it seems to think
> that's not a writable tape, its expecting a new one.  Can I tell amanda
> "no, that's your tape.  Go toss data on it!" or am I misunderstanding how
> tape labelling / allocation work?

I'll leave the (edited out) dump permission question for others, but your
tape problem is due to Amanda thinking it has already used qbn-backup01.
It may not actually have anything written to it, but if Amdump made a
run then the tape is marked as 'active' and won't be overwritten until it
goes through the rest of your tapecycle.
  While you are testing just do an 'amrmtape tub qbn-backup01' and then
you can re-use it.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673