--On Friday, October 04, 2002 18:05:59 +0200 Marcus Huedepohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> greetings,
>
> as i am finished with testing amanda, i wish to put it in production now.
> there are 3 questions i couldn't answer by searching the archives:
> 1. how do i add tapes to the tape cycle?

Increase tapecycle and label new tapes.  Amanda will always take a
new tape if available, so if you like having your tapes in numerical
order you need to do this the day you would be overwriting your first
tape.

> 2. how do i rename an amanda configuration? let's say from TestSet to
> DailySet1?

Depends on what you are trying to do.  You could just cd ~backupuser
and mv TestSet DailySet1 and edit your crontab to use DailySet1, but
that probably isn't what you want.  You would also need to edit your
amanda.conf to replace paths containing TestSet with DailySet1.  The
only remaining problem is your existing tapes.  If they are currently
labeled TestSet00 there is no way I can think of to replace the label
with DailySet100.
  You could modify your labelstring to match anything with a trailing
number and start feeding it tapes labeled with your new string, and
then when it finally cycles back to your old tapes relabel them. If
you currently run more than one config I wouldn't recommend this as
you would be in danger of overwriting another config's tape.
  You could also just create the DailySet1 directory, make a copy
of your disklist and amanda.conf, update the paths and labelstr in
the new config, label tapes for it, and just start running the new
config instead of the old one. Then you would have the old backups
to restore from if you need them.  Later on you could relabel the
old tapes and add them to your new config.

> 3. why does amdump refuse to mail the backup reports to me, when i put this
> line in amanda.conf (remove CR/LF to get one line):
>
> columnspec
>
>"HostName=1:-1,Disk=1:-1,Level=1:-1,OrigKB=1:-1,OutKB=1:-1,Compress=1:-1,DumpTime=1:-1,DumpRate=1:-1,TapeTime=1:-1,TapeRate=1:-1"
>
> i think, this should give me 10 columns, each with one space on the left and
> the width dynamically resized to fit the largest entry.

I've never used the negative entries, but assuming that they normally work
I would take a wild guess that it might be the 'Level' column, since
that is always 1 character wide.  Since you only need to specify the
columns you want to change from defaults, try just modifying one column
first, see how that runs, then add one more, etc., till you get it like
you want or find what breaks it.

> the amanda-version in use is 2.4.2p2 (debian-packages).
>
> thanks

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673