Le jeudi 22 février 2007 à 01:26 +0100, Peter Kunst a écrit :
> Hi Pozzi,
>
> On 02/22/2007 12:29 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Does anybody run Amanda on AIX 5.2 ?
>
> just another question, how have you compiled amanda on AIX ?

It is a couple of brand new servers, so I compile with teh last GCC
available (4.1), the configure step fails the first time (no "readline"
library). After installing readline and readline-dev the configure step
was OK.
The compile was straightforward except many messages :
gcc complains about a "-q32" option which it doesn't recognise
ld complains about a '-d32" option which it doesn't recognise either

The system is a 5.2.0.0 ML9.

Today I try to launch "amcheck" with gdb (I am not a gdb expert!) and
the problem seems to be in the "libamandaserer".
I do the same job with "planner" it segfaults in the same lib at the
same address !
I will try to give a nice core dump to gdb to see what happens.

I didn't have much time to investigate, so I give up for today hoping
that the machines does not break (and I do not make any errors ! ).
The machines have to be ready to start as development servers as soon as
possible and at least on 2007/03/12 !

I will try "truss" as I have used it on other systems in the past, many
years ago !

> I've just tried to do so with amanda-2.5.1p2 (we use Solaris as main
> environment, and there is no need to backup our AIX boxes yet). Using
> gcc 3.4.2, configure bails out here:

I download 2.5.1p3 as it is the last one ?

Regards

JP Pozzi