I'm setting up Amanda for the first time and would like to configure
it for our existing backup strategy.  We want to do complete backups
nightly during weekdays, i.e. Monday-Friday night.  Once a week, let's
say Wednesday, we want to take one tape to an off-site vault and bring
another tape back, meaning we'd be taking a tape out of the normal
rotation and bringing another one back into the rotation.  We'd want
to have a minimum of 4 tapes in rotation (3 here and 1 off-site),
possibly a few more, but not a huge number of tapes.  All will be
complete backups, no incrementals.

What parameters would work best in Amanda for doing this with a
minimal need for manual "adjustments" during the week?  Is it possible
to just take a tape out of the rotation for a week and give Amanda a
different tape than it expects, or does a person have to tell Amanda
they've done this each time they do it?

Thanks for any help or tips anyone might have!

David