On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 22:23, Stefan G. Weichinger <s...@amanda.org> wrote:
[...]
> Francis tried to trace the problem with some patches already (in a
> private thread) ....

And my patches were wrong for many reasons:

1. on the server side, index files store bytes >= 0x7f as \xxx where
xxx is the octal representation for the char, and not only these;
2. the client <-> server interaction is not without influence either
on the presence of escape sequence or even quotes.

I haven't quite yet grabbed the mechanics of it. Jean-Louis sure knows
more about that. Simply, I made straight use of GLib's functions in
the matter since they escape/compress everything, but that does not
suit the way Amanda works.

--
Francis Galiegue, fgalie...@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'