I'm having trouble figuring out what type of new architecture to go with
for an NFS share dir on a NAS.

I'm running Amanda version 2.6.0p2-14 on Fedora 10. My current
architecture for Amanda is as follows:

I'm running a set called DailySet1. My holding disk/vtapes are:
/amanda/day0x/data/  where x is 1-8. So I have 8 vtapes in my holding
disk. Here's my changer.conf:
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0
statefile /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status
firstslot 1
lastslot 8
slot 1file:/amanda/day01
slot 2file:/amanda/day02
slot 3file:/amanda/day03
slot 4file:/amanda/day04
slot 5file:/amanda/day05
slot 6file:/amanda/day06
slot 7file:/amanda/day07
slot 8file:/amanda/day08

If I do a dump each night, I get a backup for each client in my disklist
per day. That gives me about a week's worth of backups. Here's some info
from the amanda.conf file:

dumpcycle 7 days        # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 0          # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
tapecycle 8 tapes       # the number of tapes in rotation
runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of
amdump
tpchanger "chg-multi"   # the tape-changer glue script
changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"

This works fine, however, it only does a week of backups. If I wanted to
do a month of backups, I would have to multiply my current system X 4.
So I would need a tapecycle of 30 (or so). My dumpcycle would remain 7
since I still want to do full dumps weekly. But in this case, I would
need to expand my array of vtapes from /amanda/day01/ to /amanda/day30/.
This is not possible since my holding disk area (the size of the
system's usable hard disk space) is not big enough for all of those
vtapes (and the data they would end up having in them) as it only has
about 100 GB free and my backups are about 50GB per week.

Thus, it was proposed that I mount some NFS space from another system (a
NAS, for all intents and purposes, though it has a WORM architecture and
is only used for archiving data with retention periods that delete old
archives). So now I have 1TB of space mounted under /nfsbackup. How do I
implement my architecture to only keep about a week (or even a day) of
backups in the holding disk (locally on the system) but use the nfs
storage space for archiving the rest of the old backups? The idea is
that we keep 30 to 60 days worth of old backups on the NAS, but only the
last day or few days locally on the backup server.

How do I do that? Is it possible? What would be the general idea/layout?
What directives would I need to change? Would I need to use multiple
DailySets?? I'm totally stumped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Brendon Martino