On 04/02/2012 09:57 AM, Yogesh Hasabnis wrote:
Hello Jean-Louis,

The log.<datestamp>.* files have gone with the older OS that crashed.

Does that mean I wont be able to use "amrecover" for any of my existing backups ?
You wont be able to use "amrecover" for any of your existing backups.

Henceforward, do I need to back up "log.<datestamp>.*" files as well along with the /etc/amanda/* and /var/lib/amanda/* to take care of such situations which may occur in the future ?

Isn't obvious when I wrote that they are required?
Beside the tapes, they are the more important part of the amanda database.

Any workaround to handle the current situation which allows me to use "amrecover" ?
You must recreate the log.* files.
You can write a tool that read the tapes and create the log.* files.

Jean-Louis