Gene,

Thanks for reporting the problem, I broke it two days ago, I committed a fix.

Jean-Louis

On 04/19/2012 11:03 PM, gene heskett wrote:
Greetings;

The amadmin reporting function "balance" is only working 'bare bones'.
According to the help screen, and the manpage we are supposed to be able to
append "--days num" to the end of the command line, but it seems to be an
unsupported option, so I guess this is a regression, but TBT I have no clue
when it started as I had never tried to make it a bit more verbose until
tonight.  I have a 5 day dumpcycle, so this s/b legal I think:

[root@coyote amanda]# su - amanda -c "amadmin Daily balance --days 4"
amadmin: unrecognized option '--days'

Usage: amadmin [--version] [--no-default] [--print-source] [-o
configoption]*
     Valid<command>s are:
         version                                 # Show version info.
         config                                  # Show configuration.
         estimate [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]*      # Print server estimate.
         force [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]+         # Force level 0 at next
run.
         unforce [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]+       # Clear force command.
         force-bump [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]+    # Force bump at next run.
         force-no-bump [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]+ # Force no-bump at next
run.
         unforce-bump [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]+  # Clear bump command.
         disklist [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]*      # Debug disklist entries.
         hosts                                   # Show all distinct hosts
in disklist.
         dles                                    # Show all dles in
disklist, one per line.
         reuse<tapelabel>  ...            # re-use this tape.
         no-reuse<tapelabel>  ...         # never re-use this tape.
         find [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]*   # Show which tapes these dumps are
on.
.. ] ] ] ]+  # Show or delete holding disk contents.
         delete [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]+ # Delete from database.
         info [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]*   # Show current info records.
         due [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]*    # Show due date.
         balance [--days<num>]           # Show nightly dump size balance.
         tape [--days<num>]              # Show which tape is due next.
         bumpsize                         # Show current bump thresholds.
         export [<hostname>  [<disks>]* ]* # Export curinfo database to
stdout.
         import                           # Import curinfo database from
stdi

I didn't encounter any problems installing 4.0-4670 just now, so I think it
should work tonight.

Cheers Jean-Louis, Gene