On 04/30/2012 08:07 PM, Kervin L. Pierre wrote:
After building from trunk to fix a few other issues, I started configuring
Amazon S3 support.

But amlabel reported...
"Device type "s3" is not known"

Similar to this issue...
https://forums.zmanda.com/archive/index.php/t-2581.html

To fix this I did...

make distclean
yum install libcurl-devel perl-WWW-Curl
./configure --enable-s3-device
make

I believe part of the underlying issue is that the autoconf tests do not seem
to warn about missing headers like libcurl, etc.

s3 device is an optional package (not required)

'./configure --enable-s3-device' fail if libcurl-devel is not installed.
  checking whether to include the Amazon S3 device... no
configure: error: Cannot build the Amazon S3 device: one or more prerequisites are missing.

'./configure' do not fail and compile what can be compiled (s3-device is not compiled).
  checking whether to include the Amazon S3 device... no

Both reported problem with curl:
  checking for curl-config... no
  checking whether libcurl is usable... no

I improved the output, it now print which device are included or not:
Amanda Devices: file null rait tape dvdrw ndmp (no S3)

Jean-Louis