On 06/17/2012 11:22 AM, Joel Franco Guzmán wrote:
Hi,

Eventually some backups stay in holding disk because the planner have no
information about the real compression of some folders.

I have activated autoflush. Then, when the next backup starts, the
holding disk is flushed together with the current backup.

The question is: Does the planner consider the size of the holding disk
to plan the available size in the tape? I make this question because the
size of the holding disk have increased every day in the 3 last days,
making me believe that it does not consider the size of it.

What is already in the holding disk do not reduce the size of the planned backup.

If it is a recurring problem, it is because you are asking amanda to do more backup than your available tape space.
You can:
  1- run amflush periodically to flush the holding disk
  2- increase runtapes
  3- increase dumpcycle
  4- ...

Jean-Louis