On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 02:04:53PM -0500, Matt wrote:

> The idea was to backup the desktop machines during the day when they
> were on but wait until night time to upload the backup files to Amazon
> S3 to make better use of our Internet connection.

ah, hadn't looked closely enough at the crontab file.

> If there's another
> way to accomplish this, I'm all for changing!

Isn't there a client side push for amanda, it is sounding
a bell in my head but I don't recall why.

> I'll take a look at the
> reserve configuration, but since I know nothing of it, it might be
> empty....

Not a matter of empty, it has a default value, but I forget if
its a "reserve for degraded" or "reserve for nightly" one being
the inverse of the other. Value is a percentage of the holding
area, I just forget if you want to shoot for 0% or 100%, read
carefully.

> [...]
> separated list of operators at your site dumpcycle 1 weeks # the number
> of days in the normal dump cycle runspercycle 7 # the number of amdump
> runs in dumpcycle days # (1 week * 5 amdump runs per week -- just
> weekdays) tapecycle 15 tapes # the number of tapes in rotation My
> problem - it runs and does an incremental backup. I've tracked it for
> over a month and it's only done incrementals. Here's an example of the
> output Hostname: ubuntu Org : Impari Systems Config : dell Date : July
> 31, 2012 There are 0G of dumps left in the holding disk. Run amflush to
> flush them to tape. The next tape Amanda expects to use is: dell-0002.
> STATISTICS: Total Full Incr. Level:# -------- -------- -------- --------
> Estimate Time (hrs:min) 0:00 Run Time (hrs:min) 0:03 Dump Time (hrs:min)
> 0:02 0:00 0:02 Output Size (meg) 106.0 0.0 106.0 Original Size (meg)
> 183.7 0.0 183.7 Avg Compressed Size (%) 57.7 -- 57.7 DLEs Dumped 6 0 6
> 1:6 Avg Dump Rate (k/s) 1131.4 -- 1131.4 Tape Time (hrs:min) 0:00 0:00
> 0:00 Tape Size (meg) 0.0 0.0 0.0 Tape Used (%) 0.0 0.0 0.0 DLEs Taped 0
> 0 0 Parts Taped 0 0 0 Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s) -- -- -- DUMP SUMMARY:
> DUMPER STATS TAPER STATS HOSTNAME DISK L ORIG-GB OUT-GB COMP% MMM:SS
> KB/s MMM:SS KB/s --------------------------
> ------------------------------------- ------------- mlb-dell.loc
> -lb/Desktop 1 0 0 20.0 0:05 0.4 mlb-dell.loc -/Documents 1 0 0 55.8 1:09
> 1201.5 mlb-dell.loc -b/Pictures 1 0 0 85.8 0:01 898.3 mlb-dell.loc
> -lb/Quicken 1 0 0 10.0 0:00 5.5 mlb-dell.loc "-ocuments" 1 0 0 77.4 0:19
> 1238.2 mlb-dell.loc "-ocuments" 1 0 0 19.5 0:02 770.7 (brought to you by
> Amanda version 3.2.0) However, if I run it without the --no-taper
> directive, it knows it needs to run a full backup. Is this a (l)user
> error? Do I have something wrong with my config or the crontab entry?
> Thanks, -- Matt Burkhardt, MS Technology Management
> m...@imparisystems.com [2] c - 301-802-3235 o - 301-682-7901 502 Fairview
> Avenue Frederick, MD 21701 http://www.imparisystems.com [3] ---
> >

> Brian R Cuttler brian.cutt...@wadsworth.org
> > Computer Systems Support
> (v) 518 486-1697
> > Wadsworth Center (f) 518 473-6384
> > NYS Department of
> Health Help Desk 518 473-0773
> >
> > IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any
> attachments may contain
> > confidential or sensitive information which
> is, or may be, legally
> > privileged or otherwise protected by law from
> further disclosure. It
> > is intended only for the addressee. If you
> received this in error or
> > from someone who was not authorized to send
> it to you, please do not
> > distribute, copy or use it or any
> attachments. Please notify the
> > sender immediately by reply e-mail and
> delete this from your
> > system. Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> --
>

> Matt Burkhardt, MS Technology Management

---