On 11/26/2012 06:50 PM, Neil Carter wrote:
Greetings:

It's using the BSDTCPAuth(?), the default in 3.3.0, I think.
It is the default, is it what you are using? Check your amandad.*.debug files on the client, you will see it in uppercase.

The issue isn't in contacting the client servers from the Amanda server, it's how to get the huge amounts of data back from the client to the server.

With bsdtcp, the data should come back from the same interface the request goes out.

If I understand, your server have for NIC and four IP, your client have one NIC and one IP? all of them on the same subnet? Try adding a route on the server so that request to the client goes out from the IP you want.

Jean-Louis

Thanks!

Neil