On 01/31/2013 06:12 AM, Raffaele Chiocchetti wrote:
HI all, I am beginner with Amanda, last week I had setted without
problem a simple system with 2 server (Ubuntu and Windows).

Now, I am setting a system with 3 servers.

I) Amanda Server on ubuntu 12.04 (ubuntu.server.com)
II)Amanda Client on Windows 2008 Server
III)Amanda Client on Debian 6.0 (DebianServer)

For Windows I don't have problem. I can terminate with success both
amcheck that amdump.

I have some problem during the installation on Debian server, in-fact
I never find a guide to install and configure debian.

This are the instructions that i have used to install Amanda on debian 6

root@debian:~$ apt-get update
root@debian:~$ apt-get install build-essential
root@debian:~$ dpkg -i  amanda-backup-server_XXX_i386.deb
root@debian:~$ passwd amandabackup
root@debian:~$ mkdir -p /data/amanda/vtape/DailySet1
root@debian:~$ chown amandabackup:disk /data/amanda/vtape/DailySet1
root@debian:~$ chmod -R 750 /data/amanda/vtape/DailySet1

After, I have added a debian client in Amanda server

amandabackup@ubuntu:~$ amaddclient --config DailySet2 --client
DebianServer --diskdev /home/Folder --dumptype comp-user-tar
Logging to /var/log/amanda/amaddclient.20130131115218.debug
/etc/amanda/DailySet2/disklist has 'DebianServer/home/Folder ...'
entry, file not updated
updating /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts on ubuntu.server.com
/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts contains DebianServer root, file not updated
Attempting to update /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts on DebianServer
amandabackup@DebianServer's password:
.amandahosts                                  100%  340     0.3KB/s   00:00
/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts contains ubuntu.server.com amandabackup,
file not updated
debianServer:/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts updated successfully
Creating amanda-client.conf for DebianServer
Creating  /etc/amanda/DailySet2 on DebianServer
amandabackup@DebianServer's password:
amandabackup@DebianServer's password:
amanda-client.conf-DebianServer              100%  392     0.4KB/s   00:00
Copy /var/lib/amanda/amanda-client.conf-DebianServer to DebianServer
successfully

File /var/lib/amanda/example/xinetd.amandaclient contains the latest
Amanda client daemon configuration.
Please merge it to /etc/xinetd.d/amandaclient.
Have you merged it? Have you restarted xinetd?

Jean-Louis

But now I receive a selfcheck request failed

amandabackup@ubuntu:~$ amcheck DailySet2 -c

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: xx.yyy.xx.yy: selfcheck request failed: Connection timed out
Client check: 1 host checked in 199.542 seconds.  1 problem found.

(brought to you by Amanda 3.3.3)

I use bsdtcp for the authentication.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance