On 03/02/2013 01:01 PM, Joseph Cheng wrote:
I have been looking at mailing list archives but I am not sure if this is possible or not..... please advise.

1. Specify only certain directories per host to be backed up. Not global list of directories configured on server and then excludes on clients.

2. From client use amrecover to fetch any host's last full, sucessful backup in an automatted way without browsing with the ftp like client or answering questions. All from vtape and no physical tape devices. Example.... amrecover -h restorehost.domain.com <http://restorehost.domain.com> DailySet1 /restore/path
amrecover is an interactive program.
A patch that allow all command to be set on the command line will be accepted.

To automate it, you can create a small file (/tmp/recover-cmd):
sethost HOST
setdisk DLE
add .
extract
quit

and run: cd /path/where/to/recover ; amrecover CONF < /tmp/recover-cmd

Be sure to be on the right directory before running amrecover, it can remove everything in it.

Jean-Louis

#2 is critical in virtual machine envrionment. Old virtual machine is gone, new one created, then automation tool runs the amrecover command to download the last full backup for the virtual machine that is being replaced.

Is this possible?