OK. I've got amrestore pulling files off the tape. Then I'll transfer those over to the Solaris client and ufsrestore what I need locally there. That's less crude than going totally back to manual basics, but I would still like to work out amrecover. I'll see if I can get that set up to run on the client. I'll also need to test and see that it will work on the server when I'm dealing with recovering files for the server or for clients that are Ubuntu.