I don't know what you the mean by portion or partials:

  - portion of the specified level0 backup for every runcycle
  - series of partial level0 backups created at different dates
  - partials from different dates

I think you clearly understand that amanda do full of the dles on different days. I think what you call 'partial level0' is that only a few dle get the full on the same day. eg some dle have a full and some have a level 1.

Each dle are independant, you don't restore all dle at the same time, you restore a single dle at at time. Each dle have the date for the full and level 1,2,3, ..., amrecover restore from them.

You must do the restore for each dle independently.

Jean-Louis

   Hello, I am evaluating zmanda for deployment and have the following
   question regarding recovery and behavior:

   It would appear that Amanda does a portion of the specified level0
   backup for every runcycle. Ie, for every run it does size of
   disklist/runcycle to complete a full backup for the dumpcycle.

   Let's presume that the incremental backups for a dump cycle do not
   exist or are destroyed (perhaps by running every run with noinc?)

   It would appear that for a dumpcycle you have a series of partial
   level0 backups created at different dates.

   How does amrecover explain what the state of the data if it is made
   up of partials from different dates?

   http://www.backupcentral.com/wiki/index.php/AMANDA

   In this example it happens that the total size of the disklist is
   split for each run by directory. However, it would appear that in
   reality Amanda generates the partial level0 based on the entire size
   of the disklist, so presumably a partial level0 is in fact a partial
   set of files comprising total size/runcycle.