The global changerfile is is a configuration file for the old changer API

The changer changerfile is used as a state file by some of the new changer.

Jean-Louis

On 01/09/2014 01:48 PM, Michael Stauffer wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on setting up a robot tape changer.
The docs for "chg-robot:DEVICE" say this:"the changerfile parameter can be used to specify a filename at which it should store its state. Ordinarily, this state is stored in a file named after the changer device under $localstatedir/amanda, e.g., /var/amanda/chg-robot-dev-sg0. There should be a single such statefile for each distinct tape library attached to the Amanda server, even if multiple Amanda configurations reference that library."

Is this saying I have to define 'changerfile', or that it will default to placing it in $localstatedir/amanda?

Also, some other refs to this param on the web say that it's for a configuration file, not a state file. Can I ignore those?

Thanks.

-M