Varun,

You could add a pre-dle-estimate/pre-dle-backup script that put the list of files in a file and configure an 'exclude list' for amgtar to use that file.

If you backup only files (no directory) then amanda will never notice when files are removed, so a restore will also restore removed files.

Jean-Louis