I’m using amanda with virtual tapes (storing backups on local disks of my
server). Is it possible to move old backups to different storage, instead of
removing them?

Does amanda have a solution for backup of backups, to store them in case of
backup server failure? I know that vtapes are created with standard Linux
utilities and  I can recover files from them even without amanda, so I can just
copy tape files(probably with some snapshot), but it sounds like poor man
solution.

cheers,
marcin