I've got Amanda running in the normal manner, with a 10 day
tape cycle, 7 day dump cycle, and 5 runspercycle, letting Amanda handle when to
do fulls and incrementals.  My boss wants to do separate monthly full backups
on top of that.  I found the FAQ answer that talks about using a completely
separate set of tapes and setting "record no", but I was wondering what that
actually does?  Does it tell the *client* not to record something, or the
server?  And what is it not recording, at that point?

                Does recovering data from one of those tapes work just like
recovering from a regular tape, only using the name of the new config with
'amrecover'?

                -Sandro