Tape rotation issue is solved by changing taperscan algorithm to oldest.

I am validating restores now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan G. Weichinger [mailto:s...@amanda.org]
Sent: 18 January 2017 20:08
To: Dinesh Vashisht; li...@xunil.at
Cc: amanda-users@amanda.org
Subject: Re: Unable to make tape rotation work in Amanda - Seeking Help

Am 2017-01-18 um 12:24 schrieb Dinesh Vashisht:
> [amandabackup@pciambkup DailySet19]$ *amcheck DailySet19*

> Searching for label 'DailySet19-01':found in slot 1: volume 'DailySet19-01'
> all slots have been loaded
>
> Taper scan algorithm did not find an acceptable volume.
>     (expecting volume 'DailySet19-01' or a new volume)

Hm, that looks strange, yes.
I don't see the error, although I assume it will be something small ...
Maybe someone else here spots it ... ?

One thing I think of:

try changing the taperscan algorithm (just remove that line and let amanda use
the default)

And 2nd (not related, I think): why don't you have any holdingdisk defined?  A
holdingdisk is crucial for many of amanda's features.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:  All information, data and attachments contained in this
message are confidential and are the property of the sender.  If you are not
the intended recipient and have received this email in error delete it
immediately and destroy all copies.  Any redistribution, communication or
actions taken on information contained in this message is strictly prohibited.