On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:46:10 -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Thanks for reporting the issue.
> I committed the attached patch.

I noticed if I have an already-labeled volume in a slot at then try to
put an invalid label on it, the error message printed is misleading:

====
# su backup -c "amtape TestBackup slot 2"
slot   2: time X              label TESTBACKUP-02
changed to slot 2
# su backup -c "amlabel TestBackup BLAH-03 slot 2"
Reading label...
Found label 'TESTBACKUP-02' but it doesn't match the labelstr
'^TESTBACKUP-[0-9][0-9]*$'.
Not writing label.
Not writing label.
====

I guess this situation is really a combination of two error conditions:
1) the specified new label doesn't match labelstr, and 2) the current
tape is already labeled....

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239