On Mon, 1 May 2017 12:14:48 +0200
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <s...@amanda.org> wrote:

> Am 2017-03-06 um 19:14 schrieb Jose M Calhariz:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am announcing that I have released in Debian a new amanda package
> > 3.4.3, in experimental.  Was released in experimental because Debian
> > is on freeze.
>
> What is the status for amanda on Debian now?
>
> Which release(s) available for stable jessie, which via experimental
> repos?
>
> I have to change OS on a server, from Gentoo to Debian, and need some
> features that came with 3.4.x somewhere.

Here is what is officially available:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=amanda&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

Using S. Calhariz' source packages, I built Amanda debian 3.4.3-1
packages for jessie (debian 8.7). I have been running them on my own
network, and they appear to be stable. I would like more testing,
especially 3.4.x specific features. You are welcome to test them, at
your own risk, of course. https://wli.ddns.info/amanda/

I highly recommend that you continue using the Gentoo installation
alongside the new Debian system until you are confident the Debian
system is working correctly.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV