On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 01:29:34PM -0500, Austin S. Hemmelgarn wrote:
> OK, so you're talking about functionally permanent archiving instead
> of keeping old stuff around for a fixed multiple of the dump cycle.
> If that's the case, you may be better off pulling the dumps off the
> tapes using amfetchdump, and then uploading them for there.  That
> use case could in theory be handled better with some extra code in
> Amanda, but I don't know how well the lack of deletion would be
> handled on Amanda's side.

yeah, I need to upload monthly full dumps to dropbox and keep them forever.
the monthly dumps are to vtapes, and I thought it would be neat if I could
then just transfer the vtapes to dropbox using amvault.

--
Ned Danieley (ned.danie...@duke.edu)
Department of Biomedical Engineering

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2012-02-11/