And so it turns out that if you turn off autoflush, Amanda will never
flush existing dumps to tape regardless of the flush-threshold-*
settings.  Which I guess makes sense.  And with "autoflush yes", it
seems to simply flush everything currently on the holding disk
regardless of other settings.  So as far as I can tell, the
flush-threshold-* settings are simply not working as designed.

What can I tweak to get more insight into how Amanda decides when to
flush existing dumps?  I will continue to play with the thresholds to
see if I can get behavior closer to I'm looking for but it would be good
to have some insight into the decision process.

 - J<