On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 04:47:36AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 20 May 2018 02:55:31 Jon LaBadie wrote:
>
> > I have one system that will be down for an unknown time.
> >
> > How best to stop amanda from trying, and failing, to
> > back up the DLEs of that system.  Is it as simple as
> > commenting out the DLEs?  Then if I do need to recover,
> > or it comes back on line, uncomment the entries?
> >
> Thats how I've been doing it for decades.

Me too, though that has typically been for fairly short
times.  At least short relative to my tape cycle.

I'm going to have to look at some of those "new-fangled"
amanda commands like amvault or am??? and see if I can
save about the last months' worth of dumps from that
system.  Maybe store it in some separate data structure
than my current vtape collection.  Then it would not
matter if they get overwritten.

Suggestions?

jl

--
Jon H. LaBadie                 j...@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)