On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 17:51:44 +0200
Tobias Koeck <tobias.ko...@qudosoft.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since I have upgraded to Debian 10 I get strange amsamba errors.
>
> Any ideas why?

I'm no expert on Samba. However, while upgrading from Debian stretch
(9.x) to buster (10.0), I saw the following notices which may be
relevant here:

1)

samba (2:4.6.5+dfsg-5) unstable; urgency=medium

    The samba service has been removed. Use the individual services instead:

    * nmbd
    * smbd
    * samba-ad-dc

 -- Mathieu Parent <sath...@debian.org>  Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:52:05 +0200

2)

If your computer gets IP address information from a DHCP server on the
network, the DHCP server may also provide information about WINS
servers ("NetBIOS name servers") present on the network.  This
requires a change to your smb.conf file so that DHCP-provided WINS
settings will automatically be read from /var/lib/samba/dhcp.conf.

The dhcp-client package must be installed to take advantage of this
feature.  Modify smb.conf to use WINS settings from DHCP?

"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but
the true distinction between it and barbarism is, that the one
presents a state of society under the protection of just and
well-administered law, and the other is left to the chance government
of brute force."
- The Rev. James White, Eighteen Christian Centuries, 1889
https://charlescurley.com