On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 08:37:52AM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> I think so. You have a lot more machines to herd than I do, but I don't
> think that's an impediment.

Agreed.  I have absolutely no doubt that amanda can handle extremely
large installations, provided that the network can deliver the data to
the amanda server within a reasonable backup window.

> What are you backing up to now?

I work at a university library and, in the past, we backed up to the
central campus data center's backup service, but they charged an arm and
a leg for it (and frequently "forgot" to do things like stop charging us
for backups of decommissioned machines), so we switched to doing backups
via the law school four or five years ago.  But the law school's
sysadmins have never been terribly responsive and they've had a few
problems recently with failures (for their other customers) which we
only heard about some time later, so we don't really trust them any more
and have (finally) decided to do it for ourselves.

But I don't really know anything about the hardware or configuration
that the law school is using, only that their chosen software is Tivoli
Storage Manager.

--
Dave Sherohman