On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 10:16:46 +0100
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <s...@amanda.org> wrote:
> Am 17.03.20 um 22:01 schrieb ghe:
> > Still nothing.
> >
> > Something changed $MAIL in backup's environment vars back to backup.
> >

> Any news on that?
>
> I have one server where postfix is configured correctly: testmails
> work, monitoring mails work, "amcheck -a" works, but no amdump
> reports coming to me.
>
> Debian Buster as well.

Odd. I do not have problems getting emails from amanda, also on buster.

backup@hawk:~$ echo $MAIL
/var/mail/backup
backup@hawk:~$ echo $MAILCHECK
60
backup@hawk:~$

Bash has three variables that affect mail, MAIL, MAILCHECK and
MAILPATH. The first and last specify the path(s) bash should examine to
see if there is any new incoming mail. The middle one sets the frequency
of such checks (if any), and defaults to 60. So I don't think those are
your problem.

Check /etc/aliases and see if that has any glitches. I have

backup: root

which says that root gets backups' mail. Further lines below that
specify what to do with root's email.

If you make any changes in aliases, run the program newaliases.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/