What tweaks did you do?

Yes, should of mentioned the server is dedicated for this purpose and is
reasonably resourced:
-dedicated SAS card for tape drives
-64GB RAM
-2x Xeon E5-2640 v3, so plenty of cores
-dedicated holding disk areas (RAID6) .. two of these coming in at approx.
32.7TB, which will match up to LTO8 quite nicely hopefully. Comprised 8x 6TB
disks.

By the sounds of it, not too dissimilar to your setup.

-------------
David Simpson - Senior Systems Engineer
ARCCA, Redwood Building,
King Edward VII Avenue,
Cardiff, CF10 3NB

David Simpson - peiriannydd uwch systemau
ARCCA, Adeilad Redwood,
King Edward VII Avenue,
Caerdydd, CF10 3NB

simpso...@cardiff.ac.uk