Hi,

AFAIK, there is no such option.
Amanda is designed to write at least one full backup of each DLE within the period defined by "dumpcycle". She can (and will) shift the day when a particular DLE is fully backed up but she can't automatically split it. I think you have two choices. 1. The obvious one, manually split the large DLE by exclude and/or include statements in the disklist. 2. Release the shackles and increase "runtapes", so that more (v)tapes per run are allowed and let Amanda decide about the best usage of the tapes defined by tapecycle.

BRs,
Jens