Someone is reading it. Maybe nobody knows the answer...

Diego

Il 16/05/2023 10:40, ASV ha scritto:
This mailing list seems dead. Is anybody actually still reading it?
_______________
Hello everyone,
I have an Amanda setup nicely working with a SpectraStack.
The drives are LTO8 but I've just figured out that there are several
LTO7 too in the library. Now I've both types defined in amanda.conf
however I cannot find a way to tell Amanda that tape labelled XXX or
with the barcode 101010 is an LTO7 while another is an LTO8 instead.
I've seen something around like specifying the blocksize in the
tapelist file but didn't convince me moreover I didn't manage to find
one example of such case despite I don't think this is such a rare case
with libraries with a lot of tapes.

I'm using amanda 3.3.3. I know is terribly old but we are going to do a
major upgrade within months. In the meantime I'd like to implement this
configuration, if possible.

Any hint would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

--