I once posted about german umlauts and the issues in amrecover.

Today I hit that again.

In the amrecover UI I found two files in a specific DLE:

2024-01-15-19-30-02 "SOME & FILE Name �bersicht.xlsx"
2024-01-09-19-30-01 "SOME & FILE Name �bersicht.pdf"

note the quotes around the names

for other files there are not quotes, for some there are

I think the "&" and the Umlaut "Ü" plays a role.

My goal: restore the xlsx only.

I was NOT able to select ONLY the xlsx file above by using "add" or "addx"

add RE*.xlsx
addx RE*.xlsx
add "RE*.xlsx"
addc "RE*.xlsx"

etc etc etc

I used "\" to escape the special chars ...

It's very likely to me that this hasn't been tested much and might be simply buggy.

Any hints, someone?

-

I recovered both files now to get on with it, having to restore a not-used pdf-file from an extra tape on the way. Not very elegant.