Marc,

> > > %banned_rules = (
> > >   'NO-MS-EXEC'=> new_RE( qr'^\.(exe-ms)$' ), ...

> How can I use these whitelist entries for recipients and senders?
> The banned filenames in banned_filename_re get blocked for recipients and
> senders. But the banned_filename_maps whitelist only works if the listed
> e-mail address is the recipient of the message.

Right, banned_filename_maps is either global or indexed by recipient.
It can not depend on sender address.

> How can I allow [EMAIL PROTECTED] to not only retrieve exe files but also send
> them?

If these are your own senders, i.e. on specific internal subnet or
authenticated to Postfix, then your best bet it to assign a policy bank
to such sources of mail, and specify milder banning rules for such a
policy bank. In principle a Postfix check_sender_access restrictions
map with a dedicated FILTER for such senders could be used, redirecting
content_filter to a separate amavisd TCP port where a dedicated policy bank
will take care of them. See
  http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#pbanks-ex