> I have changed $MIN_EXPANSION_QUOTA to 10000*1024; for an example, and
> when I want to send an e-amil with an attachment about 6MB I still have
> the same problem.

10000*1024 = 9.77 MB

if a 6 MB attachment is base64 encoded, it requires about 8 MB of storage,
plus mail header plus some overhead.

> Maybe I get the whole quota thing wrong here. Maybe someone can explane
> what I do wrong in the settings ? Or how the settings are seen.

What are you other settings ($MAX_EXPANSION_QUOTA, $MIN_EXPANSION_FACTOR,
$MAX_EXPANSION_FACTOR) ?  Don't keep them too tight - the defaults
(as they come in the sample .conf file) are usually just fine.

You may increase the log level and examine how the quota is initially
calculated and how it gets depleted during decoding of your mail.