Thx, that was it

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary V
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:09 AM
To: Lee Strawther
Cc: amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [AMaViS-user] can amavis only scan incoming 4025

Lee wrote:

> I am using postfix as my mta. It is accepting messages on both ports
> 25 and 4025. The reason we are doing this is that we have a barracuda
> device that forwards mail to this box on port 25 after it has scanned
> the messages for both spam and viruses. However, we have laptops in
> the field that have their clients set to use port 4025 for outgoing
> smtp. The reason we do that is so we can set their clients to smtp
> authenticate because the barracuda device will not authenticate as of
> yet. I need amavis and clamav running on this server for the 4025
> people so that they don't spread a virus thru our server. Since all
> incoming mail from the outside world goes thru the barracuda device,
> there is no need to rescan the messages being forwarded by the
> barracuda device to the mta on port 25. So I was wondering if there is
> a way that I can configure this to only scan when messages arrive thru
port 4025?

If I'm thinking correctly, in master.cf it could be something like this:

4025      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
          -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024

<snip>
smtp-amavis     unix    -       -       -       -       2       smtp
        -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
        -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
        -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
#
127.0.0.1:10025 inet    n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
        -o content_filter=
        -o local_recipient_maps=
        -o relay_recipient_maps=
        -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
        -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
        -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
        -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
        -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes
        -o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
        -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001
        -o smtpd_hard_error_limit=1000
        -o receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks
<snip>

Comments from the Postfix experts?