On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 04:53:56PM -0400, Matt Juszczak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The amavis schema for LDAP requires the attribute 'mail'.  All of our
> users have virtual mailboxes (a bunch of domains) that eventually map to
> their "REAL" email address, which is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> So for instance, a postfix virtual user table could be:
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> In LDAP, the left hand side of the above column (their "virtual address")
> is the mailLocalAddress.  The right hand side (their "real address", they
> can only have ONE of these.  This is the address that mail gets DELIVERED
> to after the virtual user translation) is called mailRoutingAddress in
> LDAP.
>
> I originally changed the query_filter in amavis (and hence the schema) to
> mailLocalAddress.  But then it started searching for
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  When I changed the
> mailLocalAddress query_filter to mailRoutingAddress, it is now pulling in
> data fine (I guess because the translation from the virtual user table
> occurs BEFORE the mail is passed through amavis).

You can control when the virtual translation is done, either before or
after the filter in Postfix.

> So my question is: Should I now change the schema from requiring the
> 'mail' attribute to requiring the 'mailRoutingAddress' attribute, instead
> of the mailLocalAddress attribute?  Again, mailRoutingAddress is a UNIQUE
> and SINGLE value (they can only have one mailRoutingAddress, but multiple
> mailLocalAddresses).....  therefore I think this is a change i want to
> make.

Ah, took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about as 'mail'
is used in the examples but isn't required anywhere in amavisd-new.
Looking at the schema file I see what you're referring to:

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.15312.2.2.2.1
  NAME 'amavisAccount' AUXILIARY
  DESC 'Amavisd Account'
  SUP top
  MUST ( mail )
  MAY ( amavisVirusLover $ amavisBypassVirusChecks $

I believe the 'Must ...' line above can actually be removed entirely.

--

Mike Hall,
System Admin - Rock Island Communications           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>