Mark Martinec wrote:
> Joel,
>

>>Yes, I have $banned_namepath_re defined and $banned_filename_re=undef.
>>Am I missing something here? Do I need to use the new
>>$banned_filename_re instead of $banned_namepath_re when doing per
>>recipient banned checks?  I want one definition for banned checks but
>>I'd like to be able to turn on/off the checking as necessary. I can post
>>my amavisd.conf if necessary.
>

> The important bit you are missing is that it is the @banned_files_lovers_maps
> which is there to guarantee a delivery of a message, checked or not checked
> for banned files. The bypass* lookups are there mostly to optimize away
> unnecessary work, it does not by itself guarantee delivery. See the
> first two sections in:
>   http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html

Ok, I will adjust my configuration.  But according to the new-docs,
checks may be performed (forced) when there are multiple recipients and
one recipient has checks and the other doesn't.  In this case I'm
sending to one recipient, who has BypassBannedChecks=TRUE set in LDAP.
Why is the check still being performed?  And why does don't I see the
lookup_ldap_attr(amavisbypassbannedchecks)?

> Now then. The banned checks do not take much time to perform, so I did
> go to some trouble to optimize the $banned_filename_re (which is more often
> used), but not the $banned_namepath_re. Perhaps in the next version.
>
>   Mark

Ok.

Joel Nimety
Perimeter Internetworking Corp.